Thursday 30 August 2012

Charlie Sheen Almost Played Spider-Man

We may know Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield as the faces of your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, but apparently there was once a time when Charlie Sheen nearly joined that roster.

"I had an office at Orion at the time, and I brought them Spider-Man," Sheen told Jay Mohr on the latest episode of his podcast Mohr Stories. "I said, 'Look, in a couple of years, I'll be too old to play Peter Parker.' And they said, 'Yeah, we're just thinking that cartoons are not the future, comic books are not the future.' And I said, 'But it's Spider-Man, I'm perfect.' And they were like, 'Nah, we're gonna wait.'"

But did Sheen really have the rights to the character? According to him, it didn't matter. "I had a guy in my pocket who was going to get them for me," he said. As for Orion, the actor added, "They didn't know s***."

Of course, it wasn't Charlie, but his father Martin Sheen, who would finally make it into the franchise as Uncle Ben in this year's reboot.

Via The Hollywood Reporter

Max Nicholson is a writer for IGN, and he desperately seeks your approval. Show him some love on Twitter and IGN.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment