Thursday 20 December 2012

DayZ Creator 'Depressed' About War Z Situation

The War Z released on Steam earlier this week to much controversy. After having its initial description edited for false advertising, Valve eventually moved to have the title removed from Steam altogether, issuing an apology and offering refunds to any interested parties.

Amidst the tumult and news of the release, though, fans and press alike have been wondering if and when DayZ creator Dean "Rocket" Hall would speak up. His game was obviously a great inspiration for The War Z (some would even say War Z is a "rip off" of Hall's work), and the initial standalone release for DayZ is slated for the near future.

Hall has finally spoken. Writing on Reddit, Hall didn't go into great detail, but here's his initial statement:

I've been pretty depressed about the whole situation. From a personal standpoint, this whole "saga" of the development made me seriously question if I wanted to be involved in the industry and I gave serious thought to cutting my losses and not being involved in the project.

At my Army Discharge medical this week, they noted I now have high blood pressure. Some things in life just aren't worth worrying about.

I've been getting hammered by a massive amount with requests for information about DayZ release, interviews and my reactions to this and stuff and such - but for my own sanity I retreated and have kept to myself. Right now I'm just at home doing bits and pieces on the DayZ development. The rest of the DayZ team is doing the same.

I realize that I went back on my word about releasing an update, but went back into my shell for a bit last week, and I'll come out when the dust is all settled.

So there you have it. DayZ continues to be developed, with many fans on the Reddit thread encouraging Hall and the team to take all the time they need to produce a finished product. We'll update the story if any further statements are made concerning The War Z and Dean Hall.

Via Gamespot

Anthony Gallegos is an Editor on IGN's PC team. He enjoys scaring the crap out of himself with horror games and then releasing some steam in League of Legends. His summoner name is Chuf. You can follow him at @Chufmoney on Twitter or at Ant-IGN on IGN.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment