Tuesday 25 December 2012

Director J.J. Abrams on Turning Down Star Wars Episode VII

How could such a self-proclaimed Star Wars fan and successful a filmmaker as J.J. Abrams possibly turn down the chance to make Star Wars Episode VII? Because that's precisely what he did.

"There were the very early conversations and I quickly said that because of my loyalty to Star Trek, and also just being a fan, I wouldn't even want to be involved in the next version of those things," Abrams told Empire.

"I declined any involvement very early on. I'd rather be in the audience not knowing what was coming, rather than being involved in the minutiae of making them."

The director also revealed in the interview that he's contracted for three Star Trek movies so he'll back aboard the USS Enterprise for the sequel to next May's Star Trek Into Darkness.

Star Wars Episode VII is slated for a 2015 release.

Via io9  and Comic Book Movies.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment