Wednesday 27 February 2013

Del Toro's Dark Universe Still on Track

Although Warner Bros. is having a tough time with its ever-wavering Justice League movie, it sounds like Guillermo del Toro's Avengers-style Dark Universe flick is still on the right track.

"I am going to be presenting my storyline to DC and Warners of where I want to take this universe," the filmmaker revealed to Total Film in a recent interview. "We do have a writer, but until that is firmed up, I have to keep it a secret. I hope it happens."

The film's roster is said to include some of DC's darker heroes, including Swamp Thing, The Demon, John Constantine, Deadman, The Spectre, Zatara and Zatanna. And del Toro says that he already has ideas on how to approach most of these characters.

"It's going really really well," he continued. "It's like meeting old friends. I grew up with Demon Etrigan, with Swamp Thing, with Deadman, so these are characters that are near and dear to my heart. I'd love to use the origins that are proper to each character. I love the idea of Jason Blood as a paladin and a knight…. I love the entire Constantine mythology, the Dead Man mythology, the Alex Holland Swamp Thing mythology. These are really rich things to well, and to dig."

It's also worth noting that the article refers to the film as "Justice League Dark" -- a reference to the comic book series with some of those characters. But when IGN spoke to GDT recently, he told us the film's working title was Dark Universe.

Max Nicholson is a writer for IGN, and he desperately seeks your approval. Show him some love by following @Max_Nicholson on Twitter, or MaxNicholson on IGN.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment