Monday 29 April 2013

Michael Bay Talks Ninja Turtles Origins, Transformers 4 Redesigns

While promoting his latest movie Pain and Gain, director Michael Bay provided a couple of updates on his upcoming franchise projects Ninja Turtles and Transformers 4. To start, Bay wanted to clear the air on his TMNT reboot and the green team's alien origins:

"There was that quote saying that we're making [the Ninja Turtles as] aliens. We're not," Bay clarified to Moviefone. "It's the ooze! It's from the original source material. These are from the original writers, and I never went out to correct myself in the press. I do listen to the fans and I do want this to be authentic. I think they're going to be really happy with this movie. When I see the digital stuff, the turtles look great."

Jonathan Liebesman is directing the feature, which began filming in New York a few weeks ago. Ninja Turtles is targeting a June 6, 2014 release date.

As for Transformers, Bay explained the process behind redesigning the robots:

"You know there are a couple of historians of Transformers," he said. "I would do my designs of the robots and they're like, 'What if you just add a little bit more ears to Optimus?' But they're really hands off. We've redesigned them in Transformers 4, and there's some really cool s*** in it. I'm literally redesigning every character, top to bottom. There's a reason why they're redesigned, but it's also to keep it new and fresh to me. I think the fans will appreciate some of this new stuff we have in the movie and some of the new characters."

Transformers 4 is scheduled to hit theaters on June 27, 2014.

Via Coming Soon

Max Nicholson is a writer for IGN, and he desperately seeks your approval. Show him some love by following @Max_Nicholson on Twitter, or MaxNicholson on IGN.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment