Monday 29 April 2013

Sam Mendes Sickened by Idea of Returning for Bond 24

Skyfall director Sam Mendes recently elaborated on his decision to not return to helm James Bond 24.

In a chat with The Guardian (via Yahoo! Movies UK), the Oscar-winning Mendes said, "Was I willing to go back into a room with a writer and start work on the same set of characters and the same scenarios as I've been working on for the last three years? The idea made me physically ill."

The Bond producers, however, have publicly stated they remain confident they can woo Mendes back for another Bond movie down the line.

Mendes also spoke about the filmmakers' decision to -- SPOILER!! -- kill off Judi Dench's "M" at the end of Skyfall: "Ha! You can't kill him; let's kill her instead! I thought I was going to get so much (s**t) for that. But you know you shock people into rediscovering their first acquaintance with the characters…"


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment