Tuesday 28 May 2013

John Noble on the Star Wars Episode 7 Rumors

We recently had the opportunity to speak with John Noble about his time on Fringe and the legacy of Walter Bishop. During the course of our conversation we touched on the rumors surrounding his potential involvement with Star Wars, how those rumors get started and the possibility that speculation could become reality.

IGN: I know that you'd debunked those Star Wars rumors, but is it funny for you to hear things like that? And think about how these rumors got started?

Noble: Yeah, I was going an interview with a fella from Empire Magazine and he told me that he started the rumor. He said that when he found out that J.J. [Abrams] was doing the movie that he'd done up a list about why J.J. was the right person to do Star Wars, and one of the reasons he gave was that he'd use John Noble. [Laughs]

IGN: That's funny. You know, it's interesting though, sometimes these rumors get started and then things happen. There was an Internet rumor that Mark Wahlberg was going to be in Transformers 4, when he wasn't, and it gave Michael Bay an idea and now Wahlberg is in the movie.

Noble: Really? I mean I'd love to do Star Wars. That would just be epic doing something like that. And it's not beyond the realm of possibility. I have a terrific relationship with J.J. Abrams and Bad Robot, I really do. So it’s not beyond the realm of possibility. It's awhile away yet.

IGN: Well you've already been a part of a grand-scale fantasy franchise, Lord of the Rings, why not science fiction? I know you love the complex, rich characters, but it also must be pretty attractive to be a part of these enormous franchises.

Noble: Well, I mean Star Wars. If you're going to do one, do Star Wars. I mean seriously, if you're going to pick one to do, do that one. Because that's basically a cultural revolution. It reset pop culture in some ways. So if I had to choose one, it would be that one.

Well we'd certainly love to see Noble in Star Wars, and just about anything else. Hey, stranger things have happened.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment