Monday 16 September 2013

Jonathan Rhys Meyers on Star Wars Casting Buzz

Lately it's been Star Wars casting mania in the ol' rumor mill, but now dispelling at least one of those rumors is Jonathan Rhys Meyers, whose name has been tossed around in the media for J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII.

In a recent interview with EW.com, the actor brushed off the casting gossip, explaining that, as of right now, nothing's happening for him in a galaxy far, far away. "Look, I've worked with J.J.," said Rhys Meyers, who starred in Abrams' Mission: Impossible III in 2006. "But I don't believe rumors."

jonathan rhys meyers dracula

So not exactly a hard "No," but nothing too promising either. But as some fans have noted, Rhys Meyers, who is now playing the title role in NBC's upcoming Dracula series, certainly has the look of a Force wielder -- particularly of the Dark Side persuasion -- and Rhys Meyers doesn't deny that observation. "I play bad guys because I look like one," he continued. "There's something in my physicality that's quite intense and lends me to being feral. I mean, I'd love to be this lovely relaxed guy doing rom-coms, but I just don't get those types of offers. I suppose I'm forever sort of the antihero."

Max Nicholson is a writer for IGN, and he desperately seeks your approval. Show him some love by following @Max_Nicholson on Twitter, or MaxNicholson on IGN.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment