The Xbox One launches November 22, but the Xbox community team will be hosting hands-on events to show off the upcoming console and two launch games to the public.
Beginning in Boston, Mass on September 19, Xbox Live's Larry Hryb and the Xbox community team will host free, open-to-the-public events at certain Microsoft retail stores.
The events, part of the Xbox One Tour: Road to Launch, will have playable demos of Forza 5 Motorsport and Killer Instinct, allowing players to get their hands on the new Xbox One controller, Hryb writes on his blog.
"During the [Burlington] Microsoft Store Opening, members of the Xbox team and I will be there to watch you play some of the amazing Xbox One games launching with Xbox One this November 22," he says.
The events will also feature giveaways, and will likely be crowded, so plan on arriving early, Hryb says. Check below for a full list of confirmed event locations, and check Hryb's Twitter account for future announced locations.
- Burlington Mall, Burlington, Mass - September 19, 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Shops at Prudential Center, Boston, Mass. - September 20, 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Mall at Millennia, Orlando, FL - October 23, 7:30 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.
- West Edmonton, Edmonton, Canada - October 27, 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Scottsdale Fashion Sq, Scottsdale, AZ - December 6, 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Mike Mahardy is a freelance writer for various outlets, and will not be traveling to Boston to play the Xbox One. You can follow Mike on Twitter.
Source : ign[dot]com