Wednesday 11 September 2013

Wolverine Almost Appeared in the First Spider-Man Movie

Hugh Jackman has revealed that Wolverine was meant to have a cameo in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man movie, but an odd problem prevented it.

In an interview with The Huffington Post, Jackman revealed everyone was on-board with the cameo but it didn't come to pass as no one could find his costume.

"In the first 'Spider-Man' -- Kevin Feige reminded me of this -- we really tried to get me to come on and do something, whether it was a gag or just to walk through the shot or something," he revealed. "The problem was, we couldn't find the suit. The suit was stuck in some thing. And so when they were in New York when I was there, we couldn't get it together.

The problem was, we couldn't find the suit. The suit was stuck in some thing. And so when they were in New York when I was there, we couldn't get it together.

"I still think, one day, there may be an ability to do it."

Jackman also talked about Black Swan director Darren Aronofsky's decision to leave the project before filming started, having already plotted out many of the film's major details. Despite being happy with the result produced by replacement James Mangold, Jackman admits there's part of him that would have liked to see what the end results would have been of Aronofsky's leadership.

"He had some ideas. But, the truth be told, people say how different was this from Darren's vision. And Darren, because of 'Black Swan,' hadn't really got into it that much. I mean, he was on it for about six months, but most of those six months was the award circuit for 'Black Swan.'

"So, there was some ideas -- the title, being one, 'The Wolverine.' He was like, "There's no way I'm making the thing called 'Wolverine II.'" And he said, "And I want this to be different; I want it to stand alone." And that was an idea we all embraced. But, I actually think this worked out great.

"Somewhere down the line, in my imagination, the film fan in me and the comic book fan -- would I like to see an Aronofsky version? Probably."

While The Wolverine ended up making a modest debut in North America, it was far more successful internationally. What do you reckon, would Aronofsky's touch have improved the end result or do you think Mangold did a fine job? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

Luke Karmali is IGN's UK Junior Editor. You too can revel in mediocrity by following him on IGN and on Twitter.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment