Tuesday 27 August 2013

Could a Spawn Reboot Actually be Happening?

After years of planning and promises to fans, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane may actually be getting close to making his movie reboot a reality.

"The thing that keeps slowing it down is that the negotiation I’ve done is I write, produce, direct, but I’ve got to push a lot of my other endeavors off to the side so I can just get tunnel vision on it," McFarlane told The Gate website during the Fan Expo Canada this weekend. "Everybody at my company is now going, ‘We’ve got to find Todd the time to finish all this.'"

spawn-wallpaper

McFarlane is quick to brush aside visions of a bloated vanity project."I think it's a quick shoot," he explained. "It's not going to be a giant budget with a lot of special effects; it's going to be more of a horror movie and a thriller movie, not a superhero one. I've got so many people phoning now that I’ve got to get it done. I’ve made some promises to people this year."

We've heard this song and dance from McFarlane before, but the comic book creator admits he's getting building external pressure to deliver. "(The producers) want me to deliver the script by the end of the year, which would basically mean we'd be shooting next year. So, that's the goal right now."

As The Hollywood Reporter notes, this would likely put his Spawn movie up against the heavyweight superhero flicks of 2015, The Avengers 2 and The Man of Steel sequel. But maybe, come 2015, a dark, adult superhero thriller might be just what we need.

Lucy is Entertainment Editor at IGN AU. Follow her ramblings on IGN and Twitter. 


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment