Thursday 29 August 2013

Louis Leterrier Returning for Now You See Me 2

Earlier this month, it was announced that Lionsgate was developing a sequel to Summit Entertainment's surprise summer hit Now You See Me, directed by Louis Leterrier and starring Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher, Morgan Freeman, and Michael Caine.

Now, while speaking to Coming Soon about the film's upcoming home video release, Leterrier revealed that a longer cut of the first movie included a deleted scene that sets up a potential sequel.

Explained Leterrier, "We had a scene that we kept and when Lionsgate and Summit said, 'Yeah, let's do a sequel,' I said, 'Okay let's put it on the DVD and do the longer cut.' It's after the credits, but I was very conscious of not jinxing it. This summer I saw a couple of movies where they had 'sequelitis' and you totally jinx it, but this was only for the DVD and only for the Blu-ray."

Leterrier also confirmed that he would be back for Now You See Me 2. Continued the director, "I'm currently, not writing, but we're coming up with the story, the plot, the everything, the twist and the new characters and everything. It was always at least a diptych, two movies, to tell one long story, so yeah, I'm very much involved in it. I don't know if it's going to be my next movie. I know we want to do it pretty fast but I might be able to do another movie in between."

Now You See Me will be out on Blu-ray and DVD on September 3.

Max Nicholson is a writer for IGN, and he desperately seeks your approval. Show him some love by following @Max_Nicholson on Twitter, or MaxNicholson on IGN.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment