Monday 1 October 2012

Ben Affleck Turned Down Daredevil Reboot

Ben Affleck has revealed that he turned down the chance to reprise his role as blind superhero Daredevil in a franchise reboot.

Speaking to MTV, Affleck admitted that he had been approached to star in a new version of the much-maligned 2003 film, but couldn't see how it would make sense.

"They're rebooting it," he explained. "I got contacted about it, and I was like, 'That wouldn't be a reboot [if I was involved],' but I really hope they do a good job, because that's a great property and deserves something really, really good."

He didn't rule out donning spandex again in the future though, admitting, "I would love to do [a comic book movie] if it was the right one, if I thought I could do it well. I think you have to, with any movie, have an idea for it that's original and unique and committed to it, and that's a hard thing to find."

The current status of the Daredevil reboot is pretty murky. While Joe Carnahan was originally down to direct the project for Fox, there's a major hurdle to overcome in the shape of the film's rights returning to Marvel as of October 10. Whether the company will decide to pursue its own reboot once the property returns to its stables remains to be seen.

Affleck also revealed that he definitely won't be directing the forthcoming Justice League of America movie, saying of his wrongly rumoured involvement "I guess I should be flattered, and I'm sure it will be cool. I've seen some of the stuff from the new Superman movie, and that stuff is awesome."

Luke Karmali is IGN's UK Editorial Assistant. You too can revel in mediocrity by following him on IGN and on Twitter.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment