Monday 13 May 2013

Johnny Depp Has Two-Face's Coin From The Dark Knight

Here's a fun tidbit for your next trivia night: What happened to Two-Face's coin?

Actors will occasionally be gifted with, or purchase, props and costumes from the movies they are in once production is complete. Sam Jackson notoriously lobbied for the lightsaber he used in the Star Wars prequels. Aaron Eckhart apparently didn't feel quite as sentimental about Two-Face's coin from Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight. The actor played Harvey Dent for the majority of the film, but became the villain Two-Face in the third act. When we spoke with him on the Keepin' It Reel podcast recently, he told us the story of how he discovered what had become of his coin.

This isn't the real coin...

"I did a movie called The Rum Diary in Puerto Rico and Johnny Depp and I were somewhere on the set one day and Johnny said to me, 'Aaron, what happened to the coin [from The Dark Knight], the coin that Two-Face flipped?' And I said, 'Oh, I gave it back and Warner Bros. has it.' And he goes, 'Oh, yeah, no, they don't. I bought it.' He said, 'My Kid saw The Dark Knight and loved Two-Face so much that I bought him the coin.' It never occurred to me grab the coin, but I'm glad it's in good hands."

Guess it pays to be Johnny Depp's kid :).

For Eckhart's Take on Two-Face, the upcoming I, Frankenstein & More Listen to the Full Interview and Podcast Here

Roth Cornet is an Entertainment Editor for IGN. You can follow her on Twitter at @RothCornet and IGN at Roth-IGN.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment