Sunday 5 May 2013

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Director Has a Sequel in Mind

The warm welcome for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon means we may not have seen the last of Sergeant Rex ‘Power’ Colt.

The first hint of a potential follow-up has come via Colt’s voice actor, ’80s action legend Michael Biehn (Aliens, The Terminator).

“[Creative director Dean Evans] was with me on the phone last night. He was pretty jacked up,” said Biehn, speaking to Major Nelson Radio.

“He was going into a meeting today to, you know, I think he wants to turn it into some sort of franchise. He’s got a sequel in mind.”

Biehn, who concedes he’s not much of a gamer personally, sounds pretty amazed by the fan response to Blood Dragon to date.

“I did an Aliens game last year that just, kind of, nobody really talked about it very much and I never really heard too much about it,” he said. “I heard when it came out. Nobody ever came up to me afterwards and said, ‘Oh, that Aliens game was really good’ or whatever.”

“I’m telling you, I have more people approaching me now on the streets about this video game. Way more than they do now about, like, ‘Oh, weren’t you the guy that was in The Terminator?’ Or ‘Weren’t you the guy that was in The Victim?’ Or ‘Weren’t you the guy that was in Tombstone?’”

Biehn estimates that he’s had around 100 people approach him and ask about the game in just the last two weeks.

“I want to go out right now, actually, and I wanna go buy a system to play the game on, and I want to buy the game, and I want to learn how to play it,” he said. “There’s something about this game, and I don’t know what it is, but it has people, young people, really excited.”

You can read Mitch’s thoughts on Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon here, and you can hear the complete interview on Major Nelson Radio here.

Luke is Games Editor at IGN AU. You can find him on IGN here or on Twitter @MrLukeReilly, or chat with him and the rest of the Australian team by joining the IGN Australia Facebook community.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment