Wednesday 28 November 2012

Hamill on Star Wars: "Nothing's Been Decided"

In a recent interview, Mark Hamill was asked if he had any new tidbits on Star Wars: Episode VII. In response, the actor admitted he still knows very little about Disney's upcoming trilogy. In fact, he said, his own son knows more than he does.

Is Matthew Vaughn Directing Star Wars: Episode VII?

"I don't have any information that isn't already out there," Hamill told Coming Soon. "And I'm in a place where sometimes I forget what's classified and what's not. I said to my son -- because my son is really the Star Wars fanatic in my family, of my three kids – I said, 'How come you know more about Star Wars than me or even Lucasfilm?' He goes, 'Well, Dad, I go to StarWars.com.' He knew about the new writer, Michael Arndt, before I knew about that."

But if Hamill knows one thing for sure, it's that nothing is set in stone. "I'm not holding out on you. I just know that nothing's been decided, whether we're in or out. I was surprised at how George announced it, because he told me about this last summer. Not about Disney, but just that they decided after all these years that they were gonna go do VII, VIII, and IX. We were just shocked.

"But it's so in the early stages... I thought he announced too early. I don't know what the timing was in terms of the Disney deal. But we don't know what's going on really. And when we do, believe me, we'll let you know! [Laughs]"

So there you have it. Despite the rumors, it sounds like, according to Hamill, the wheels are still turning for initial concept development. In the meantime, we'll be patiently awaiting any new info (in our respective meditation chambers, of course).

Read the full Mark Hamill interview at Coming Soon.

Max Nicholson is a writer for IGN, and he desperately seeks your approval. Show him some love by following @Max_Nicholson on Twitter, or MaxNicholson on IGN.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment